How does Alex get all the gate stones he uses? Does he make them himself, or does he pick up a random rock or something near where he wants to gate to then take it to some artificer he knows, or does he have to pay an artificer to visit the place he wants the gate stone for?
The easiest way to do it is to just drop by an artificer and see what they’ve got on offer. They usually have a bagful of gate stones that nobody’s using at the moment that they’re happy to sell off. After all, one random location’s as good as another, right?
If Alex wants a location to a specific place, though, it’s more work, and yeah, you have to pay the guy to do a location visit. It’s a standard request, so it’s not like it’s going to surprise them or anything, but it doesn’t come cheap. I keep saying ‘Alex’ but I’m going to have to start doing this stuff myself soon.
Hey Luna awhile back a gave a rather longwinded theory about Richard’s plans for Alex and what his magic type could be and aside from possibly Alex and Anne being on the Council to mess with the Light mages I was mistaken so sorry you had to read them. But with hindsight I wanted to clarify my main points which will be much shorter in length this time.
1. Do you think Richard wanted Anne and Alex on the Junior Council for the protection the seats provided from Levistus and Sarque and other hostile factions on the Council until he decided to bring them under his control? I don’t know why he didn’t just grab Alex and Anne at the end of Bound unless he had/has problems that we are unaware of it.
2. Have you or Alex with the benefit of hindsight figured out what type of diviner Richard is, or is the two types of divination and diviners in general practically impossible to detect unless Alex or older diviners like Helikaon can detect diviners and what sub-field they specialize in?
1. I don’t really know. Probably not? I don’t see what kind of protection he’d been getting.
2. What do you mean, what kind? If you mean the Apollo/Dionysus thing, I’m pretty sure that all diviners can use both, they’re just different styles. Or could use, anyway.
Okay, look, it feels like a lot of people aren’t understanding why I’ve been getting frustrated with these sorts of questions, so I’ll explain. You’re acting like you expect me to know all this personal and sensitive stuff about Richard. But think about it: HOW am I going to know this stuff? Take your first question. How am I supposed to know why Richard did what he did about something a couple of years ago? It’s not like I’m going to go track him down for an interview!
Does Richard still go around dressed like Archon?
Well, I haven’t seen him do it, but what he does in his own time is his own business. Maybe he’s into full-body clothing.
Hey Luna, so a post came up on the Alex Verus Reddit, don’t know if you heard of it or even have a reddit account, but in any case a debate can up about who would win in a fight Landis or Belthas and I was wondering who you think would win?
Also do you know if Fire or Ice magic is stronger against each other in a rock, paper, scissors sense? Would Water magic also have an advantage or disadvantage that Ice would or would not against Fire Magic?
Thanks again you are awesome!
Given that Belthas is very very dead, I’m pretty sure Landis can win a fight with a corpse.
Okay, okay, so I guess I know what you mean. It was a while ago that I saw Belthas fight, and I didn’t know much about duelling back then, but if I had to make a guess, I’d pick Landis. Belthas was very good, but Landis is better.
Fire and ice magic are considered an equal match in Light duels (actually, they’re like the iconic equal match). Water’s considered weaker than both. You get the odd really dangerous water mage like Deleo, but they’re kind of outliers.
Hiya, just a couple of questions (I can already hear the sigh!)…
1) Does the light council know anything about what happened on Sal’s “island”?
2) apart from just surviving, has Alex got a goal in mind and does it involve Anne
3) is there a way for a host to separate from a jinn voluntarily after they have reached the level of engagement Anne has?
1. Yeah, they’ve got a pretty good idea of what happened by now.
3. I’ve never heard of them doing it, but then no-one besides Richard knows much about this stuff.